Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submission will NOT be accepted.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions. • All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
• Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted. Learning Outcomes:
1. Recognize the basic concepts and terminology used in Strategic Management (CLO1)
2. Describe the different issues related to environmental scanning, strategy formulation, and strategy implementation in diversified organizations (CLO2)
3. Demonstrate how executive leadership is an important part of strategic management(CLO5).
Assignment Question(s):Discussion Questions
1. Why has strategic management become so important to today’s corporations and how does it typically evolve in a corporation? (3 marks)
2. What is the relationship between corporate governance and social responsibility? Are people living in a relationship-based governance system likely to be unethical in business dealings?(3 marks)
3. Discuss how a development in a corporation’s natural and societal environments can affect the corporation through its task environment.(3 marks)
4. How can value-chain analysis help identify a company’s strengths and weaknesses?(2 marks)
5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a first mover in an industry? Give some examples of first mover and late mover firms. Were they successful? (2marks)
6. Why are many strategic alliances temporary?(2 marks)
Notes: – Using the terminology developed in the course of strategic management will be highly valued. – Your answers MUST include at least 7 outside references (other than the slides and textbook) using a proper referencing style (APA).
– Using references from SDL will be highly valued.
– You answers should not exceed 1500 words.