Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Product Launch Key Topics : 1. Market Analysis – Secondary Market Research (Lecture #4)
Find/pull information from secondary source (e.g. Google) Visual, factual information that supports the “current state” of the market you will be entering
Don’t make “stuff” up on your slides
This may be 3-5 of your allotted 15 (or less) slides
2 Market Research – Primary Market Research (Lecture #4) -How many people did you conduct M.R. with?
-What format? Small group, 1-1, tele-marketing?
–What 3-5 questions did you ask them?
– What are your summary findings?
– Note: make sure your findings from this Primary Market Research are consistent with what you show in your: 1) Customer Segmentation, 2)SWOT, and 3) Positioning Statement
3. Customer Segmentation(Lecture #3)
– SWOT (Lecture 2)WeaknessesStrengthsThreatsOpportunities
– 4 Positioning Statement (Lecture #5)
-Positioning Statement – is a INTERNAL concise description of your Target Market as well as a compelling picture of how you want that market to perceive your brand
• Note: Every marketing decision you make regarding your brand has to align with and support your Positioning Statement•1) Who is your Target Market?
• 2) What unique value do you provide?
• 3) Why should they believe you (3 facts/statements)
• (Brand) provides _________ (target market) with _________ (unique value). We do this by ______ (fact/statement 1), ________ (fact/statement 2), and ________ (fact/statement 3)
– 5 Market Analysis – Secondary Market Research Market Analysis: A “high level” fact based historical on the market you are in or entering. A “lay of the land”
• Driven off of Secondary Market Research (e.g. on-line searches and investigation (Google), purchased data pertaining to your market (Nielsen Ratings – TV, IMS (the company) for Rx data — my former world)
• For your Project: 2-4 slides (facts of your market segment). Let’s do one here in class: